What happened to that happy little girl??
A teenager struck by low self-esteem.
I thought my friends’ opinions, certain relationships, and the latest Jordache Jeans were direct ways to make me feel complete.
In those days, who knew that it was up to me to set the tone? I hadn’t yet figured out how to listen to body cues or the natural rhythm of my breath.
From a young age, I was a nurturer by nature where I loved to help family and friends with everyday situations, however, there once was a time where I didn’t know how to empower and uplift myself?
Time and time again, I felt a need to be accepted by everyone.
My intuitive being was often covered up by my own self-ridiculed thoughts that also carried over to my young adult life and into womanhood.
Nowadays, I see things with fresh eyes and feel a vast amount of possibilities in every moment.
I’ve discovered that true happiness is an inside job.
Sometimes my old negative thought patterns sneak up on me from behind.
*Here’s one thing I do when I feel sad or excluded:
Tip challenge: the 9-second rule:
- Let a negative thought go away in 9 seconds so it doesn’t steal your time or peace.
- Turn a negative thought into a positive one with a favorite mantra, a recollection of something sweet. or meditation.
- Ask yourself what lesson am I meant to uncover?
I recall once saying to myself and eventually out loud to a yoga class that I was teaching,
“What’s going on?”– I’ve had a negative story take over my peace of mind now for 9 days (or perhaps it was 9 weeks) until it finally passed through me. I forget what the scenario was though I recall being stuck until I finally let it go with continuous yoga and meditation practices, self-study, and at home conscious breathwork release techniques.
Do you ever have negative stories go on auto-repeat?
- Why not try to refocus your mind on something more positive within a 9-second frame.
- Play with that and a 1-3 minute reset, breath meditation to seal it in.
- Breathwork: Breathe in through your nose from your belly to chest, pause for a moment, take a long exhale through your mouth and let go!
One thing I know for sure is that in the end, it’s up to each of us individually, to get out of our own way.
I’d also love to hear from you if you have any questions or try the 9-second tip challenge!!
Next, here’s what’s up:
Are you new to meditation or want to try it again?
New: Conscious Meditations Course for the beginner’s mind
Next round: Conscious Connections Course begins the week of September 9th. Book a call:
Since you’ve read this far, PLEASE email me back and I’ll send you a free “Self-Confidence Boost Meditation”?
Namaste (I recognize the light in you like the light in me).
Your Meditation Specialist,
- Weekly, a yoga stretch and meditation class to restore body balance on Monday’s from 11:30 am-12: 30 pm @naturallyyoga in Glen Rock.
- Click on my full schedule
- Click here to read my watermelon story,